In today‘s day and age, a disaster or emergency is not something that occurs in another country or area. It has become a universal phenomenon that crops up anytime. Even the smallest catastrophe can lead to a significant disruption in the way we live our lives. No doubt we face severe damage to our property, but the worst part is when we have to lose lives in an emergency or a disaster.
Some natural disasters may occur without any warning whatsoever, but this does not mean we cannot minimize its impact by having an emergency preparedness plan and backup resources on-hand. These methods will help us to manage any situation more efficiently.
Let us not forget that disasters and emergencies can be of different types: natural and human–made. While one cannot plan for all the possible disasters that may occur, but knowing the profile of the area you are staying in and the types of emergencies can help you prepare without any fuss.
What is Prepping?
The simple definition of prepping would be “the action one takes, or the process one follows to prepare something or prepare for something.” In an emergency or disaster concept prepping could be better defined as “the action or process of planning for an emergency or disaster by making adequate and suitable arrangements in terms of shelter, food, water and other resources to survive the same.“
Prepping can be done for both expected and unexpected emergencies and disasters. It is quite sufficient to provide security and safety to the entire family during those turbulent times. It has been proven that those who have spent time in preparing for emergencies and accounting for all possible situations have a better chance of surviving any crisis.
Prepping is not limited to the storing of adequate food and water resources along with essential medicines, tools, etc. The process includes specialized training or acquiring new skills to handle the situation better. Skills acquired could be from self-defense skills to preparing a meal and surviving inside a forest without suitable means of shelter and protection.
Being a good prepper also means having an adequate backup of financial resources to survive for a couple of months. It means having safety stored copies of your essential documents and files, where you can easily access them along with arrangements to stay safely and comfortably for a couple of months.
Some people may feel that there is no need to prep as the government has an emergency plan. But it is hard to say that plan will be implemented in extreme cases, most of the time, during mayhem not everyone gets benefited with the government’s relief fund in some emergencies. Of course, it is not the case with everyone. One can expect help and relief from the government and other organizations such as the Red Cross, and so on. You just need to remember that it may be some time which could be hours, days, or even weeks till help arrives.
The delay may be due to a lack of transportation methods or being unable to access your area for whatsoever reasons. Being prepared and having a prep plan in place will help you hold out until the aid reaches you. While natural calamities and disasters can be damaging, it is the aftermath of the disaster that also leads to many fatalities and problems.
Your chances of surviving the disaster increase manifold if you have an emergency preparedness checklist and adequate necessary resources in stock to meet yours and your family‘s basic requirements in the initial days after a disaster
What are the contingencies and emergencies that one should plan for?
It is a fundamental question because one can never be prepared enough for everything that may occur, in one‘s life and during an emergency.
Emergencies and disasters can be grouped into different groups: one that affects the entire nation or community or others which affect an individual or his family. The impact of a national-level disaster could be massive and cause distress for many weeks and months. Sometimes, an individual and family level disaster can affect the morale and lifestyle of the family and be fatal in some cases.
Given the fact that some disasters can strike without any warning whatsoever, it may be difficult to escape its consequences. Its effects, however, can be minimized by ensuring the necessary precautions. Some measures have been adopted to deal with the after-effects of the emergency. To give a better perspective of the different crises, and how they could affect you, we have divided them into the two distinct categories and shared the effects of each of them.
On a community level
National level or community disasters can affect an entire city or country, and even the whole earth in some cases. In such scenarios, surviving for long periods post the disaster is of primary importance and also one of the critical things that one should be prepared.
Adequate stocks of food, water, finances, essential medicines, and so on will help you quickly tide over any crisis that could affect the entire community and ease the discomfort and pain of the disaster. We are providing y9ou with some of the potential disasters that can strike the world, nation or city.
The sudden and unexpected shifting of the tectonic plates under the earth can lead to earthquakes, which cause massive damage to both human life and properties. Public utilities such as water, power and gas, commercial and residential buildings, roads and highways, and other public infrastructure are some of the critical things affected by an earthquake.
After an earthquake, it may take many days or weeks for any relief aid to reach you and ease you out of the situation. Therefore, one needs to account for the absence of any food, water, or medical supplies while preparing an emergency preparedness checklist for an earthquake.
It is challenging to go without necessary facilities such as light, water and fuel, but with alternative arrangements that could last for at least 2-3 weeks. One of the essential things that one should prepare for in such a disaster is adequate food and drinking water resources that could last a family for at least 2-3 weeks.
Post an earthquake; it is advisable to shift to another location till standard transportation and public utilities are restored. In the absence of them, it would not be possible for you to lead a regular life.
Similar to earthquakes, floods can strike without any warning whatsoever and cause severe damage to both property and human life. Floodwaters may also prevent you from moving to another higher and safer place quickly. In case the floodwaters are too deep, it could also impede the arrival of relief material and aid to your community for several days.
Floodwaters can damage and destroy anything in their path be it apartment complexes or cars and other vehicles, so make sure you have adequate insurance cover for them. Ensure all your essential documents are stored in a waterproof bag or box that is kept at a high level to prevent the floodwaters from damaging them.
While preparing to deal with a flood situation, make sure that you have backup arrangements and reserves stored at higher places, which can easily be accessed by you, while being safe from rising floodwaters. Preparations should also be done for the safety and security of the entire community, with alternative arrangements for them to stay safely and securely for a few days till the floodwaters recede.
Wildfires are a random occurrence in forest areas that could soon spread to adjacent communities of not adequately controlled at stopped as quickly as they start. Apart from severe damage to the forests and harming forest life, wildfires can even affect and burn adjacent communities and make them inhabitable for months.
Though some wildfires are caused by lightning or excessive heat, they are also sometimes caused due to human errors and carelessness. Such fires can be prevented by having safety precautions in place and ensuring that there are no unattended fires in the forest areas. Country houses and residential units can prevent their spread by having a clear field of at least 50-100 ft between them and any forest plantation and keep the area clean from any dry leaves, combustible materials, and so on.
While preparing for a wildfire, it is advisable to have alternate arrangements to stay in for at least a couple of weeks till all the flames and embers have cooled down, as the fires may rekindle again. Do make safety arrangements along with medicines, water, and food arrangements for your pets and other animal life that may be affected due to the wildfire spreading throughout the forest and community.
One of the most severe disasters to affect all living beings, epidemics can occur randomly and quickly spread to large areas if not controlled in time. Usually associated with a disease or illness, pandemics may occur and spread through the air, water, or just human touch depending on the type of infection and how it actively spreads.
Home confinement, seclusion, and having an emergency preparedness checklist are the best ways to deal with a pandemic and stop it from spreading to other areas and people while affecting the entire community.
Problems that people can face during a pandemic are not being able to earn a livelihood and not having enough food & water reserves within their households to survive prolonged periods of seclusion and quarantine. Apart from this not having adequate stocks of their essential medicines, lack of exercise and a sedentary lifestyle may lead to health and fitness problems, which could reduce the body’s immunity to cope with the pandemic.
People affected by a pandemic should ensure that they follow the guidelines issued by local authorities from time to time and avoid crowded places while maintaining a safe distance from others to stop the pandemic from spreading and eventually dying down.
Individual & Family Level
While emergencies and disasters at community and city levels can have a long-term disastrous effect, one should also consider the possibility of facing an emergency or crisis at the individual level and prepare for it accordingly to reduce the potential consequences from it. These emergencies are not on the scale of a national crisis; they are nonetheless equally devastating for a family. It is the reason every family and individual should be prepared to deal with them and have backup and contingency plans to overcome it. We are providing you with some of the potential crisis that families and individuals can face and should plan.
1. Loss of Employment
One of the biggest crises that can hit a family hard, the sudden loss of employment can disrupt the working of the entire house and cause a feeling of panic and insecurity within the whole family.
The only way one can prepare for this eventuality is to keep upgrading one‘s skills in line with the latest business requirements and being aware of the latest happenings and openings in the job market to find a suitable opening as soon as one becomes available.
Having backup funds for 2-3 months until one gets suitable employment again will also help one focus better and be more mentally relaxed while looking for a job.
2. Accidental damage to the house
A short circuit or fire can cause irreplaceable damage to the home and wipe out the entire savings of a family. To cope with this unforeseen damage, one should always have adequate fire protection to insurance to cover all the potential losses.
Apart from this, the family should have an emergency kit bag that they can easily access, in case they need to leave the house in a hurry, without being able to carry any valuables and other things with them.
Factors to consider while prepping for an emergency or disaster
Different scenarios can crop up at any time, so one would be better advised to have a prepping plan in place and follow it diligently during an emergency. While putting together a prepping plan one needs to consider different factors such as one’s finances, the health and fitness of our family members, and the prevailing conditions of our house along with the transport arrangements.
Keep in mind these factors while putting together a prepping plan.
1. Financial Backup
No matter what the emergency or disaster is, having a reliable financial backup is very important to cope with every catastrophe and its effects on your house and family. Try and keep funds in reserve to meet the needs of your home, and any mortgage, premium payments for at least three months. The moment things settle down to a more comfortable position, you can start working again.
One of the things which affect your ability to cope with the crisis is the shortage of having cash funds with you at that particular time, especially when all electronic and card–based payments are inactive due to power outage issues. Keeping a small number of emergency funds in cash will help you in such scenarios and help you buy any essentials you may require at that time.
It is wise to keep extra funds for an emergency so that you can cover unexpected expenses during an emergency and be prepared to pay higher costs for normal things due to their shortage in those times. A part of your emergency funds should also be used for stocking up on all the essentials and tools you may require in an emergency.
While working on your prepping plan, make sure all your financial documents are intact. You will come across clear instructions issued on the usage and disbursement of funds to your family by the banks, in case you are not available at that time. You must put together the details of your financial accounts so that you can access them in an emergency. Keep them ready in a convenient place so that your family can quickly get access to them. Having an insurance plan that covers all disasters and emergencies is also a good idea, as it will help you easily tide over any crisis that may affect your family.
2. The health of your family
You may have older adults or small children in your house who may not be in the best of their health. This factor could severely affect their ability to move out of the house immediately during an emergency. Make sure your prepper checklist has a plan for their quick and safe movement so that you do not face any last–minute issues.
Make sure you keep medicines as the top-most priority while putting together the prepping plan with stocks to last for at least 3-4 weeks being purchased and stored in a cool and dry place from where they can easily access them.
The overall health and fitness of the family should be considered, and activities are undertaken to ensure their fitness is at optimum levels all the time. It will help them move quickly and efficiently, in case there is a sudden and unexpected emergency even late at night. If the area you are staying in is close to a flood-prone area, then you can also consider organizing swimming lessons for the entire family.
3. Your House
The house will be the principal place you will be seeking security and safety. During an emergency or disaster, it makes sense to prep up your home to face different scenarios and problems. Your house should be like a haven where all the members of your family. You should be together and help/consult each other during any crisis.
It is also the place where you can secure your belongings and valuables, while also storing all the essential goods to get you through the emergency. Most government and relief organizations always recommend “staying at home” during an emergency unless it is a case of a flood, earthquake, or fire, wherein the house may itself not be safe enough.
We are listing down some of the situations where your house can play an essential role in keeping you safe, secure and healthy.
- A heatwave makes it impossible to work and travel outdoors
- Situations where the power grid goes down for long periods, leaving you with no option but to stay indoors
- Unexpected heavy rains and floods, where the water levels are low and stable
- During the spreading of a pandemic, it is not safe to move out of the house
- Hurricanes and earthquakes where the damage to your apartment is minimum, and it is safe for you to reside within your house
- War scenarios
Given these possible scenarios, the first place you should base your emergency preparedness checklist or prepping plan should be your house.
4. Your Vehicles
If there ever is a situation that you need to leave your house in a hurry, then the first thing you will need is a vehicle such as a car or a four-wheel–drive which would be even better to go over rough terrains.
Highways may get choked and have massive traffic jams from all the people evacuating from the city. It would still be a better idea to use a vehicle as it can help you get out of the danger zone faster and more efficiently, while at the same time preserving your strength and energy for other activities.
A necessary precaution that one should factor in a while preparing a prepping plan is having adequate fuel reserves and also keeping the vehicle in a well-maintained condition so that it does not give you any problems or does not start in an emergency.
How to Start Prepping
We have prepared an emergency preparedness checklist to assist you with your prepping plan and ensure that you are ready for every contingency, along with detailed guidelines.
For your convenience, the checklist has been divided into different parts to help you in doing the necessary preparations before a disaster. These lists are intended just to guide you in your preparations and can be customized and personalized as per your specific requirements.
1. Prepping your house
Since your house is where you may spend the majority of your time in an emergency, it should be equipped with all the necessary arrangements to help you cope with the disaster. We start our prepping list from the house.
The goal and foremost objective of the prepping list for your house should be to sustain you and your family for at least two weeks, without relying on any external support or help. You can also consider being without any power or gas utilities during those two weeks while putting together the prepping list. You should consider taking the following steps to prep your house for an emergency.
2. Build a Food Supply
One of the fundamental essentials in any prepping plan since your family needs all the nutrition and energy. This aspect will you help you survive through the disaster. With adequate food supplies, it is easy to meet the requirements of your family so that you can focus and concentrate on other issues that will be necessary for your survival during those turbulent times.
- To build your food supply, you need to calculate how much food stocks your family is going to need during those 2-3 weeks of home isolation. While planning the food purchases, you also need to ensure there is nothing that your family is allergic.
- You should also plan for different menus and food choices as some people, especially children, may not look forward to eating the same thing for all meals, every day.
- You need to plan how you are going to prepare the meals in the absence of any means, including power and gas, to cook the same. If you are considering ready-to-eat canned food, then make sure you have a manual can opener with you to open the cans.
- Since you can never be sure when an emergency will strike, it is a good idea to start building on your food storage stocks gradually, until you have the quantities you have planned.
- You should not only buying all the foodstuffs, but you have to make sure that they have not exceeded their expiry date, which could render them useless when you need them.
- Follow a “First In, First Out” policy while procuring food cans and other foodstuffs for your store to ensure that the food in your storage pantry is always fresh and ready to use. Keep rotating the cans by using them in your house and replacing the used cans with any new purchases you make.
- Make sure that the food you buy is nutritious and has all the necessary vitamins and minerals to boost the immunity of your family and keep them full of energy. Do plan for the intake of calorie required of everybody in the house. Every meal should contain the necessary combination of fats, carbohydrates, and protein.
- You can even consider growing your food if you have the space for it. This aspect will ensure the availability of fresh food and ingredients in an emergency when you are unable to go out.
3. Water Reserves
Apart from food and perhaps even more important than food is having adequate freshwater resources on hand as a part of your prepper supplies. While water is not only required for quenching our thirst and keeping our body properly hydrated, it is also essential for other things such as bathing, toilets, keeping the house clean, washing clothes, and so on.
In situations where the entire public water supply is shut off, getting enough water to meet your daily requirements can be a problem because every person needs at least 1 gallon of water per day to meet his daily necessities.
- While planning to store water, ensure that you keep it in the dark, cool place that is not exposed to sunlight as that can lead to the formation of organisms and mould within the water, making it unsuitable for potable uses.
- Try and keep both the drinking and non-drinking water storage facilities separate. This way, your family will know which water to use and when, reducing the wastage of high-quality drinking water for other uses, unintentionally.
- Keep chlorine and other water purifying tablets so that you can use them if required to disinfect the water before use. This aspect should be religiously followed in cases where the water has been stored for more than a few weeks.
- You should not look away from the alternate sources of water near your house that you can tap into and use. Make it a point always to filter the water from such sources before use.
- Apart from large jars or storage tanks to store the water, make sure you have adequate stocks of bottled water with you in different container sizes. You can carry these bottles easily without any hassle so that you will not have any issue while evacuating your house in an emergency.
- A portable or desktop water filter should be a part of your emergency kit so that you can use the same in case you are travelling, and your bottled water stocks run out.
4. Build an off-site kitchen you can use
The kitchen in your house may not be useable due to the absence of power and gas utilities, but having an off-site kitchen in your back yard or garage could be very handy during an emergency. Not only will the kitchen be useful for boiling the water and ensuring it is safe to use, but it will also help you warm your food and cook it to make it more palatable for your family.
- The off-site kitchen can be used for cooking fresh produce from your farm and even preparing meat dishes, which would be highly appreciated after weeks of living on canned food.
- It could help your family bond together as they prep and cook the food together, which is very important during a disaster to keep everybody’s morale high and cheerful. It will help them cope with any emergency or disaster with a more positive approach.
- You could have a biogas plant produces the necessary gas required for the cooking. It is the best mean to dispose of all the organic waste produced by the house.
5. Setup an Off-Grid Waste System
It is something that many people may not prepare for when they prepare an emergency preparedness checklist. As a result, they face enormous problems during an emergency. In the case of a severe disaster, it is the public utilities that get most affected.
Key among them is the underground network of tunnels and chambers that channel the toilet waste away from our homes and the cities cleaning systems that collect our rubbish and dispose of it in the landfills.
- In an emergency, both these services may stop functioning, leading to a collection of waste outside our homes and public places, which could eventually lead to health and hygiene issues.
- Therefore, it makes sense while preparing our prepping plan to account for the same and take the necessary measures to prevent such a scenario from occurring.
- Do consult with a specialized contractor on the same and take the measures suggested by him to keep your house waste and sewage free.
- If possible, install a composting unit within your garden or garage to compost all the organic and wet waste produced from your kitchen. These composters while efficiently disposing of the trash, convert it into highly fertile compost which is very useful for your plants.
6. The House Interiors
The stronger the house, the better it is to withstand any disaster or emergency. Getting a professional survey done of your home by a qualified architect will help you identify the strong and weak points of your house and do the necessary renovations.
- Lighting, gas, and power fixtures need to be solidly fixed to the walls and ceilings to prevent them from falling and causing further damage.
- The roof and ceilings should be waterproof and be free from cracks to prevent further damage to your house.
- Make sure that your house is built on a higher level or is on a raised platform if the area that you are staying in is prone to floods.
7. Other Preparations
Once you have done all the preparations that could help you in an emergency in your house, you can start looking at putting together all the other essentials and creating an emergency preparedness checklist to help you cope better with the crisis.
The foremost among them would be the putting together of emergency kits that you could use inside your house and outside your home. Both of these kits, while having standard components are different as their utility and the place they may be used, differ from each other.
8. The In-House Emergency Kit
It is the primary kit you could use within your house, during an emergency and maybe even carry along if possible. Since food and water have been accounted for and stored separately, this kit could have all the other essentials you may require such as;
- Make sure you have a torch, with spare batteries. Apart from a torch, you can also consider having battery-operated lanterns, headlamps, and so on.
- You should also keep with you lighters, matches, and other instruments that could help you start a fire if required. Being able to start a fire is very important as it can help keep your body warm, in case of extreme cold, and even cook or heat your meal.
- Portable heaters and fans could be battery operated to keep your family comfortable while sleeping indoors.
- You should keep tarps to safeguard stuff from the sun, rain, and other external elements. It will also help keep these belongings safe and secure from others. Tarps can also be used to keep areas of your lawn dry, in case you need to use them.
- All essential medicines that your family requires to maintain its health along with antibiotics for common ailments and pain.
- Make sure you have enough soaps, tissues, toilet papers, and other materials so that you can maintain clean and hygienic surroundings within your home.
- You can use cash and credit cards with high spending limits in an emergency to buy essential groceries and also make hotel bookings if required.
- Fuel reserves for your vehicle.
- DIY tools to take care of any breakdown or do required repairs to your house. It can also be used to maintain the equipment inside your home.
- You should grab a self-defense tool if permitted in your state.
- Keep a first aid kit with enough bandages and ointments to treat even a severe injury.
- You can have recreational stuff such as board games, books, movies, and so on. These things, you can give your children for their recreation while they are locked down in the house for an extended time.
- It would be a good practice to draw a map of your immediate surroundings and store the same in the emergency kit so that your family is aware of all the safe and potentially dangerous places in the neighborhood.
- Copies of your essential documents in a waterproof bag, in case you need them anytime.
- The contact numbers of the closest emergency officials, hospitals, police, and so on. Your family can contact them for support and help.
9. The Bug Out or Outdoor Emergency Bag
No doubt you will come across a scenario wherein you need to leave your house in a hurry, without being able to take any of your belongings. In this case, the least you can do is carry out your bug out bag with you. A bug out bag is a portable emergency bag with all the essentials to help your family survive, even outside your house.
It should be stored in a safe, secure, and convenient place that you can access within a few seconds and carry out to your vehicle so that you are on the move, away from the disaster areas, and before you start getting caught up in the impending traffic jam.
The most important thing you should consider while prepping a bug out bag is its portability. The ease with which you can carry it will make a big difference while walking long distances, in case you are unable to use your vehicle for whatsoever reasons.
If possible, make one bug out bag for every member of the family. You can carry more stuff along with you while ensuring that each member of the family has the specific things any member would require during an emergency. The essential things that should be in your prepper list while making an emergency bag:
- You should grab a water filter so that you can filter and have potable water wherever you go
- Take all your necessary medicines
- Keep close your cash and backup credit cards that are active and have sufficient balance in them
- A foldable or collapsible container and vessel
- Canned and packaged food that will last you for 2-3 days
- Water purification tablets
- Headlamp and a lantern
- Reflective clothing in case you need to move when it is dark
- Toiletries including toilet paper
- Copies of your documents in hard copy format stored in a waterproof folder and also stored on a USB drive for easy access
- A Swiss knife
- A spare set of clothing and socks, along with a jacket
- Extra batteries for your mobile, lamps and also a portable charger
- A one or two-way channel radio
- A first aid kit
How Does one Start Prepping?
Prepping is not an expensive or time–consuming exercise. It is more a case of mentally preparing oneself to handle a potential disaster and surviving in the days post the disaster. Deciding to make an emergency preparedness checklist is a good and right step in the direction of being ready to handle whatsoever crisis one may have to face.
Since the potential disasters are many and limitless, it may not be possible to prepare a contingency plan for every crisis. A better approach towards creating a prepping plan would be to be familiar with the different types of potential hazards that could occur in your city. One must plan as per the demand as it would not make sense to prepare for a flood emergency if one’s community is located next to the desert.
Once one is aware of the potential disasters possible in your area, it would be a good idea to start preparing for it by looking up the community‘s emergency plans for that area and how they plan to tackle the disaster. It will provide you with a better perspective of the things you need to watch out for how you can plan for them.
The next step would be to take an inventory of your house and making a list of all the tools you have at home and how they could be used in an emergency. The quality of the tools and their current status, whether they are operational or not, is also essential. All you have to do is do not want to have something that will breakdown or worse, not works in an emergency.
Scheduling periodic maintenance sessions is an excellent way to keep everything functional and ready to use, whenever required. Also, make sure that you store them in easy to access places and that everybody in the house is aware of their presence. In case you have any firearms stored, make sure that their safety features are activated. One must keep them in a place where children cannot access them easily.
Taking an inventory of your house will also help you plan for food and water stocks and decide the appropriate place to store them for long periods. Listing down everything you have and how it can be alternatively used will help you put together your final prepping plan and refer to it in case of an emergency.
How long should one prep for?
The time duration of an emergency may last can never be calculated or forecasted. In contrast, its severity and effects may last a few hours or days, the overall period required to control and manage the disaster maybe longer. Also, if one stays in a secluded place or away from civilization, then help or relief aid may take more than a few days or even weeks to reach you. In such scenarios, no amount of preparation will seem enough.
Similarly, if you are based close to the city and community and within the main residential areas, then doing too much preparation for an emergency may seem like a waste. This thing, however, is not right and no amount of preparations can truly prepare you for an emergency, as there will always be something that may be required by you or the community to get through the disaster.
Many experts suggest having an emergency preparedness checklist and preparing for a period spanning from 72 hours to 2 weeks depending on the contingencies you are planning for and where you are based. The US Department of Homeland Security suggests prepping for at least 72 hours with enough food, water, and other supplies to last you for this duration.
The Red Cross suggests preparing for 72 hours for evacuation and on-the-road with a minimum two week supply of all food, water, and essentials at home. We recommend you consult with local disaster management authorities and other relevant government officials while putting together your prepping plan so that you have adequate emergency resource materials on hand and do not run out of stock of them.
Being prepared is essential to survive any emergency or disaster
We are living in strange days. The way the atmosphere of the earth has changed so drastically, you may never know when a disaster will strike. The worst part is the consequence of a disaster can be felt for a long time. A high magnitude disaster can severely cripple a nation and take months or years to recover. You would never know how things will become normal again. The only way you can nullify its consequences on your life or society is by being prepared. You should come up with measures to mitigate its effects.
A quick search on the internet will provide you with plenty of options. This guide can help you prepare for an emergency and guide you on the measures you need to take to keep your family safe from harm and survive for the time it may take for relief to reach you and things to be healthy again. While the safety of your family is the foremost, one should also take preventive measures and be ready to assist the community so that anyone can cope better with it and help each other in the time of crisis.
No amount of preparedness or prepping can be enough to meet a severe calamity. It would be a good idea to keep in touch and be aware of the latest emergency and relief methods. The preppers guide can strengthen your arrangements and ensure you survive the disaster with minimum damage. Kindly make good use of this comprehensive guide so that you can make an informed decision.