|1. Bear Grylls||2. TLO Outdoors||3. Outdoor Edge|
Adventure enthusiasts and outdoor expedition geeks who believe strongly in clinging to their survivalist instinct make sure they always carry their survival kit. While a survival gear includes numerous tools and gadgets, one of the vital picks amongst them is a paracord.
In outdoor ventures, you never know which way a paracord can come to your rescue since the design, built and materials of a paracord offer it endless scopes.
Paracord can be used for a variety of scopes and purposes, and this article will help you find the best paracord projects as per your requirements and preferences. Here are some of the most exciting and cool paracord projects you can add to your survival or outdoor adventure kit. Also, find some of the factors you must consider while looking for one.
Top 15 Best Paracord Projects 2022
1. Bear Grylls Paracord Blade
Crafted by Gerber, the Bear Grylls paracord knife is a multi-functional tool offering fine, sharp, stainless steel edge, full tang knife, and a paracord wrapped around, which can be easily removed for your paracord ideas. The 3.25-inch steel blade has a reversible sheath made of slim thermoplastic. The wraparound customizable paracord is of 60 inches, which is a convenient length for variant usages.
- Stainless steel construction
- Full-tang, sharp and lightweight blade for optimal experience of cutting and slicing
- Easily removable 60 inches wraparound paracord
- Portability and handle friendly
- Reversible sheath to hold the knife in different positions, up, down, or horizontally
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- The edge is not that sharp
2. TLO Outdoor Paracord Gun Sling
This Paracord Sling for guns, rifles, shotguns, and crossbows designed and manufactured by the TLO Outdoors is a 2 point 550-rated premium collection adjustable paracord. Whether you are looking for paracord intended for shotguns or rifles, or even something to use as a crossbow strap, this product fulfills all your needs.
With a stylish leather crafted with TLO Outdoors logo imprinted, the slings come with high quality is woven 17 inches paracord. Quality is a strong plus point of the product since you get 550-rated paracord, which means it is tested to hold up to 550 pounds of static weight capacity.
Adjustable and metal-built swivels and buckles enhance its usability and offer a range of adjustability of 33 inches to 44 inches.
- Ideal for use in shotgun sling, rifle sling, crossbow, etc.
- Strong and durable
- Available in many colors
- TYPE III 550 Paracord
- Lab tested to hold up to 550 pounds
- Travel friendly
- Lightweight and compact design
- Crafted with comfortable nylon
- This KERNMANTLE ROPE has dynamic usability as a survival tool, first aid support, smart DIY
- Paracord length does not seem to be enough to make it useful
3. Outdoor Edge ParaClaw Bracelet
Designed to stay conveniently within reach, you can wear this as a survival bracelet that is modern, sleek, and stylish. Integrated with a smart design, it is easy to deploy the paracord attached with a stainless steel Black Stone finish buckle of 1.5-inch Hawkbill blade.
This paracord project has multifaceted use. The blade is fixed to a nylon guard, keeping the paracord affixed, and at the same time, it offers a strong grip. Available in 4 color options, the bracelet is integrated with 550 rated paracord. There are various sizes of the bracelet that you can choose as per your wrist size.
- Handle grooves and comfortable thumb ramp offer steady and firm grip
- Handy and stylish design which can used as an accessory and kept along for any emergency
- Stainless Hawkbill blade make small knife sharp, handy and easy to deploy
- Inconvenient system of locking the bracelet, since the blade needs to be put into the sheath while on the wrist
4. Bartact Paracord Grab Handles
Bartact TAOGHUPBS manufactures 100% U.S. made high grade 550 Paracord, distinctive grab handles designed for Jeeps. The product integrates the use of powder coated steel hardware, that makes it tough and durable.
This is a universal paracord that fits on to any roll bar, whether it is padded or non-padded. There is a center strap which is a unique feature of the product design, since this enhances the strength of the handle.
- Special non-slip backing offers excellent fit
- Adaptable and fits well to both padded and non-padded roller bars
- Improved design to offer better strength
- Available in so many colors
- The material holding the metal rings is not of high quality and it easily breaks off
5. Last Man Paracord Bracelet
This is a premium comprehensive survival kit of 16 pieces, integrated within a cobra woven paracord bracelet. There is a small removable compass integrated in the middle of the bracelet. The product is available in a wide range of colors and sizes from 6 inches wrist size to 8.5 inches.
The kit comprises of nylon paracord cordage, line swivels, snelled 3/0 offset kale hook with a 20” leader line, 30 ft length 10lb test fishing line, egg sinkers, foam bobbers, fire starter, serrated fire striker, compass, safety pins, etc. All of these are compact yet useful tools you would need on your adventure trip.
- Comprises of a set of useful tools
- Compact and travel friendly size
- The product is available in a wide range of sizes as per convenience and comfort
- Bracelet design is easy and comfortable to wear anywhere
- Available in many colors
- Product not as per description, as some tools vary in size
6. EarlyBirdSavings Hammock
This is one of the best paracord projects you can carry to your adventure. An ideal product to enhance your hiking, traveling, camping, and holiday experiences, this nylon mesh rope hammock is easy to use as well.
Whether it is a beach holiday, camping, etc., in order to install the hammock, all you need to do is fix two hooks. Since it is made of high strength paracord, the weight-bearing capacity of the hammock is up to 242lbs. Besides that, the product itself weighs lower than a pound, which makes it travel friendly as well.
- Lightweight and portable
- Plastic bag makes it travel friendly
- Can manage load up to 242lbs.
- Too stretchy
7. Holtzman’s Paracord Keychain
When it comes to a multipurpose emergency survival tool kit, Holtzman Keychain Paracord lanyard is a gear which can be your ultimate travel companion. Perfect pick for hiking, camping, trekking, fishing or backpacking, this 3 in 1 parachute rope key chain is a compact, lightweight, and extensively portable gear.
Made with heavy-duty 550 paracords, this is highly durable. Besides, it also offers you added edge with a fire starter kit and fishing set along with the parachute rope.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Smartly designed to fit in your pocket or small bag
- Military Grade parachute cord lanyard
- 3 in 1 survival gear with paracord, fishing kit and fire starter kit.
- The paracord easily shreds apart after a few uses
8. Prep2Go Survival Grenade Kit
Adventure enthusiasts know the importance of compact yet effectively useful survival gears on camping, fishing, hiking, backpacking, hunting, etc.
PREP2GO Paracord Survival Kit is an effective 30 in 1 survival tool kit comprising of mold-resistant cordage, Aquatabs, Ferrocerium Ferro fire starter rod, 11+ ft all-weather, flint striker, bungee tourniquet tubing, metal wire, storage bags, safety pins, signal mirror /tin cooking foil, shrimp lure, sewing needle, cleaning wipe pad along with the fishing kit, knife, and tinder.
- Integrates PREMIUM 550+ pound SGS Lab Tested military grade type
- III paracord crafted to hold up to 552lbs.
- Each of the 7 stands have triple 3-ply twisted strands
- Carabiner clip ensures strong clasp hold
- Lifetime warranty
- 100% money back guarantee
- Comprises of lot of tools that you might not actually need
9. Cable And Case Fire Starter
On Campfire trips, BBQ parties, bonfires and hiking or other travel expeditions, you never know when it calls for lighting a fire. Cable and Case has designed a smart and compact fire starter kit, along with a paracord for emergency situations. Absolutely pocket friendly and lightweight, you can carry it anywhere seamlessly.
The magnesium rod makes clicking a fire sparkle effortless. It also has a metal knife to cut things when needed.
- Compact design and lightweight
- Magnesium rod makes fire lighting easier
- Comes with a paracord as well for emergencies
- Has a knife too
- Easy to keep and carry
- Too small to be effectively useful
10. Gear Aid Paracord
Gear AID has crafted a heavy-duty 550 paracord made up of 100% nylon. The paracord features 7 strands that can be unraveled easily to use as floss, fire starter, thread, etc. The design of the tool includes a carabiner for seamless attachment options which can be useful for attaching lights, pep bottles, etc.
The multipurpose 4 mm utility cord can be used for a variety of best paracord projects, like handle wrap, paracord dog collar, bracelet, etc.
- Military Grade strong and durable paracord
- Versatile scopes of use
- Easily visible
- Available in a number of colors
- 30 ft and 100 ft lengths available
- The inner strands are not so strong
11. Paracord Planet Neck Strap
Manufactured by the USA based Paracord Planet, this Paracord Lanyard neck strap is handcrafted from 550 Paracord. The dynamic range of usability ranges from repairing lines or fishing line to the sewing thread.
The neck strap made of paracord allows you to attach a variety of items like ID badges, mp3 players, keys, cell phones, USB drives, whistles, flashlights, hunting calls, etc.
The Lanyard also integrates a swivel trigger snap hook that allows seamless attachment and detachment of a variety of tools.
- Hand Crafted with 7 strands
- 550lbs tested Military Grade Type III paracord
- Unique hand-crafted cobra weave design
- Highly durable ½ inch nickel-plated swivel trigger snap hook
- Available in three color options
- Poor quality of the attachment clamp
12. Foxtrot Belt With Bracelet
FOXTROT Military Grade Survival Paracord Belt is crafted with 7 strands, making it effectively durable and strong. This 550lbs tested paracord is useful as smart survival gear. Built with high-grade nylon, the paracord is waterproof, elastic, and smooth.
This belt comes with the most effective feature of adjustability, with which you can adjust the belt according to your fit. This belt fits comfortably to most sizes within 29” to 42”. Stylish Cobra weave along with a slack loop, this belt is available in a wide range of colors, and it is also washable.
Available in a multitude of colors, this belt also comes with a matching bracelet crafted in same quality and design.
Smart adjustable loops to fit your size
Elastic, waterproof and washable belt
Matching bracelet also included
- Buckle easily breaks
13. David Accessories Keychain
Designed by David Accessories, this survival gear is a combination of firestarter, keychain, carabiner, and a military-grade clip. It is a small and pocket-friendly tool that you can dangle from your jeans or drop it inside your pocket or bag.
This can be really useful in all your outdoor adventure field trips like hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, etc. Apart from 550lbs tested Type III paracord, there is a steel flint for easy fire starting anywhere. Lightweight and compact, this tool comes with attachment clamps as well.
- Pack of 2
- 550lbs tested paracord
- Compact design incorporates flint steel for fire starting
- Military grade durable clips for easy attachment
- The paint over the clip chips off after a few uses
14. Preparacord 550 Paracord Sling
PREPARACORD have designed this strong and durable 7 strand 550 paracord that is tested and certified by a US Military supplier. It is easy and seamless to unravel the paracord. Every single strap is crafted out of a single 70-100-foot length of intact paracord, and this product is 100% USA made.
- High grade 550 paracord tested and certified by a Military supplier
- Easy to unravel the paracord
- Available in multiple colors
- The product uses plastic slides which can break it apart
15. Survival Frog Paracord Grenade
This is one of the smartest and handiest survival kits that you can add to your travel packing. Paracord Survival Grenade can help you out anywhere. Packed with 14 essential emergency tools, this is a great pick for frequent campers, fishing lovers, hikers, etc.
This is a pack of essential tools which include a carabiner, 550 cord, 2 knives, fishing gear, fire starter, etc. With this kit by your side, you can stay ready for anything life throws at you.
- Compact and smartly designed to fit in your pockets or bags
- A pack of 14 essential emergency tools for outdoor adventures
- 6 months refund guarantee
- Quality does not stand as per the description
Factors To Look For When Buying Best Paracord Projects
Paracord, known to be a primary survival tool, is an integral part of any survival kit. However, it seems to be quite boring and backdated to carry a bunch of paracords coiled inside your bag.
Nowadays, cool paracord projects have taken away the interest in the market with their innovative, smart and useful equipment, gadgets, and accessories integrating paracord into their design, like bracelets, jeep grab handle, hammock chair, belt, etc.
When you are shopping for paracord or considering things to make with paracord, it is important that you pay heed to certain essential factors to determine the quality and utility of the paracord.
Military Spec paracord is ideally crafted out of nylon outer layer, with 7 to 9 inner strands, each of which consists of 3 yarns again made up of nylon. True Military Spec paracord consists of 21 to 27 individual yarns when unraveled completely.
However, cheaper paracords are sometimes replaced with polyester instead of nylon and come with a reduced number of strands. However, in terms of quality, nylon is superior to polyester, as it offers improved elasticity and is also abrasion resistant to some extent, therein durable.
Nylon also exhibits commendable strength. Nylon as a material for paracord also offers additional edges, like its mildew resistant, and offers resistance partially against humidity as well when not in direct contact with moisture.
The Standard of the paracord matters the most as per the purpose of your project. If you need it for real outdoor expeditions, it is important to ensure the standard of manufacturing. Ideally, paracord came into existence during the Second World War. Used strictly by military professionals in those days, today it is easily available to the civilians.
Quality and acceptable high standard paracords have imprinted terms like Military Spec or Military Rated on them. However, this does not ideally mean that these are for military use purposes of that quality grade. But these are of course better than cheaper commercial grade products which are not worth enough for field expeditions.
US made paracords maintain an edge for quality with standard 7 strands and 2 inner yards per strand. So, try to buy US-made paracords only that are known to be the best paracord projects out there.
There is a reason why paracord is considered ideal for outdoor, adventure and survival escapes over normal nylon rope. This is because paracord is 3 times stronger per mass and because it can flexibly modify to any shape, knot style etc. as per requirement. Apart from that, paracord can be easily modified to fit any number of situations.
The multistrand built offers a paracord not only sturdiness, strength, and resistance against friction, but also a higher range of flexibility. You can extend specific length of paracord by separating and attaching the inner strands together. This built pattern, therefore, enhances the flexibility and in-line utility of the paracord in dynamic roles.
In order to offer an optimal scale of standard and quality, a paracord is also tested for its strength by ensuring the amount of static weight it can withstand. 550 rated paracord is considered to be a good standard, which is tested for a capacity to hold a static weight of 550lbs. When you spot a product labeled as Mil Spec paracord, it implies that it is crafted as per the standard norms of Military spec paracord.
FAQs on Paracord Projects
1. What Is Type III Paracord?
Most of the times, while buying a paracord, you will find in specifications a number defining weight limit in lbs. This is the static weight that the paracord can hold.
A standard paracord has a static weight holding capacity of 550lbs, which is considered ideal for most survival requirements. This is why such paracords are also labelled as 550 paracord. This type of paracord is also commonly known as Type III paracord.
2. What Are The Utilities Of Paracord Bracelets?
Basically, paracord is an integral part of any survival kit and it is indeed a basic survival tool. Paracord bracelets which were earlier used by mostly adventurers, military personnel, survivalists, etc. have nowadays evolved as an iconic style accessory. In urban lifestyle as well, paracord can have versatile scopes of usage, only if you know the different styles of knots which can make it effectively useful.
Therefore, when you have knowledge about the use of a paracord, these paracord bracelets can be extremely useful in many situations. The best thing is that when you wear a paracord bracelet on your wrist, it stays within reach and you can use it in any kind of situation.
3. Are Paracord Bracelets Still In Style?
Beginning with their initial popularity as the classic military-esque “cobra” bracelets, today you have numerous stylish designs, colors and patterns available in paracord bracelets. This survival tool has evolved to be an iconic style accessory, which can turn into your life saving tool in tough situations.
4. Are Paracord Projects Waterproof?
You can say that it does not get completely damaged in water. But one must take into note that a paracord may shrink when it gets in contact with water for the first time. However, after that, even if you dip it in water and soak it inside, it would retain only a mild smell and will not get any damage.
5. Will Paracord Hold A Hammock?
If you have the best paracord projects, essentially Type III, then a single strand of the paracord can hold up one side of a hammock with an adult’s weight for some time.
However, one needs to keep in mind that these are tested for static weight capacity, and when someone is on a hammock, it automatically swings. So, most tentatively, the paracord strand would stretch over time and would become irreparable.
However, if you have a stronger paracord with higher weight capacity, you can use it for hammock.
Finding The Best Paracord Projects To Stay Safe In Tough Situations
So, if you are looking for the best paracord projects which can be intriguing in their appeal as well as useful, then you can have a look at the provided list of cool products available out there. There are many things to make with paracord, but you need to be sure that it is easy to use, convenient to carry, lightweight and unravels the paracord easily when in need.